Senior Back-end developer
Job location: Luxembourg
With Eurosender, you don’t simply start a new job. When you join us, you become a member of the team behind digital logistics. Yes, we do offer all the usual employment perks, but that is not why you should become one of us. You should join us if you are ready to go above and beyond to make logistics more efficient for future generations and the environment.
We are growing our organization at a fast pace, but we want to build it solidly with our core values always in sight. That means you will work in a collaborative, bold, and progressive team of individuals from all over the world with a common vision: to become the no. 1 global digital logistics hub.
ABOUT OUR IT TEAM
Our IT team is a strongly connected bunch of almost 20 backend and frontend developers, UX/UI designers, QA engineers and project coordinators with a strong affinity towards teamwork. We operate in 3 sub-teams with colleagues currently tuning in from our Ljubljana and Kyiv offices. We are really excited about setting up the Luxembourg office and would love to see you be a part of the project.
We are responsible for researching, designing and implementing new product features, implementation of courier integrations, maintaining the system infrastructure, its performance and scalability and all the integrations to the digital tools other departments use. We cooperate closely with all departments, but mostly with Operations, SEO and Finance. Our work is mostly project implementation, accompanied by quite some tech support and ad hoc urgent tasks in parallel.
RESPONSIBILITIES WE WILL TRUST YOU WITH
- producing clean, efficient, and secure code according to specifications,
- working closely with a team of developers, UI designers, business and systems analysts,
- maintain and improve the performance and security of existing software,
- communicate effectively and professionally in all forms of communication with internal and external customers.
SKILLS WE WOULD LIKE YOU TO BRING TO THE TEAM
- advanced English,
- 5+ years of work experience,
- PHP 7+,
- Symfony or any other modern PHP framework,
- MySQL 5.6,
- advanced programming skills (OOP, design patterns, unit tests, code refactoring/optimization, security, etc.),
- advanced knowledge of Ubuntu shell/bash,
- version control: Git, GitFlow, etc.,
- familiarity with Atlassian software (Jira, Confluence),
- advanced knowledge of CI/CD (Jenkins),
- advanced AWS.
WE OFFER YOU MORE THAN JUST A NEW JOB TITLE
- full-time employment and an opportunity to grow together with a young and expanding international company,
- a dynamic and fast-paced environment where your ideas and opinions count,
- an opportunity to work in a very connected international team that sticks together in challenging times,
- an opportunity to be a real pioneer and to set foundations for an emerging team of IT professionals in our Luxembourg office,
- flexible working time and a budget for learning and development,
- tech equipment of your own choice.
THIS IS WHY ARE WE EXCITED ABOUT DIGITALISING LOGISTICS TOGETHER
- We are excited about the thought of standing side by side with global logistics giants and making sure we reduce the complex logistics process to a few clicks.
- We really enjoy working together and we know we can count on each other in challenging times.
- We feel good in our brand-new offices in Ljubljana, Kyiv or Luxembourg (with lots of space for socializing and relaxation).
- We enjoy learning about each other at regular team buildings and every Friday at Friday Croissants.
- Talking to colleagues from different countries and continents makes us feel like we are travelling every day.
- We are aware that as we grow rapidly as a company, the opportunities for the personal career development of each of us also grow exponentially.