With Eurosender, you don’t simply start a new job. When you join us, you become a member of the team behind digital logistics. Digital logistics is a competitive trillion-dollar realm where speed is of greatest importance. We are growing our organization at a fast pace, but we want to build it solidly with our core values always in sight. That means you will work in a collaborative, bold and progressive team of individuals from all over the world with a common vision: to become no. 1 global digital logistics hub.
ABOUT THE FINANCE TEAM
Our finance team currently has 6 team members, who work both from Ljubljana office and from remote offices abroad. As a strongly connected team, they guarantee the transparency of financial figures, secure the perimeter of the company, and provide value-added analysis that helps top management to take business decisions. The team is looking forward to welcoming a Senior Accountant, who is ready to go above and beyond to make accounting processes more efficient and with that play an important role in our quest to digitalize logistics.
RESPONSIBILITIES WE WILL TRUST YOU WITH
- Manage accounts receivable and accounts payable,
- manage external accounting services and bookkeepers,
- ensure the effectiveness of month-end closure, working to reduce the timing of it,
- summarize financial status by collecting information and preparing balance sheet, profit and loss, and other statements,
- guarantee the transparency of the financial figures booked,
- ensure compliance with IFRS & GAAP principles,
- reconcile accounts monthly to ensure accurate reporting and ledger maintenance,
- perform reconciliation for fixed assets accounts on monthly basis between the fixed assets register and the General ledger and reporting findings to management,
- conduct asset impairment review and verification on a quarterly basis to ensure that each project or asset is properly treated in our financial records,
- review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures,
- prepare corporate income tax and VAT returns,
- recommend tax strategies by researching federal, state, and local taxation issues,
- manage bank transactions both intercompany and towards external suppliers,
- guarantee the right balance of cash on each bank account,
- monitor and execute bank payments on time,
- support Finance Director for all Audit duties.
SKILLS WE WOULD LIKE YOU TO BRING TO THE TEAM
- Extensive knowledge of accounting principles,
- proven experience (3+ years) as an accountant with an in-depth understanding of IFRS,
- master’s degree in Accounting, Economics, Finance or similar,
- familiarity with financial accounting statements,
- experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process, ideally experience in ERP implementation,
- working knowledge of tax laws,
- advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookups and pivot tables,
- accuracy and attention to detail,
- able to work as part of a team with a flexible approach in a fast-paced environment,
- accounting certification is a plus (e.g., ACCA, CPA, CMA),
- fluent English (French as a second foreign language is a plus).
WE OFFER YOU MORE THAN JUST A NEW JOB TITLE
- an opportunity to grow together with a young and expanding international company,
- a dynamic and fast-paced environment where your ideas and opinions count,
- an opportunity to work in a very connected international team that sticks together in challenging times,
- fun and informal vibe in our spacious new Ljubljana offices,
- flexible working time and a budget for learning and development.
NOTE: Please submit your CV and motivation letter in English.